Potato Curry




Last weekend I put together this really quick and easy potato based curry, with a few adjustments to make use of things I had in the fridge.

I was really pleased with how it turned out - it seemed to be a win with the family as well.

I swapped the oil recommendation for rapeseed (readily produced in the UK and a good nutritional profile), added some cauliflower to the potato base, and made use of some frozen chopped coriander because I rarely use up fresh in order to make it worthwhile!

3 tbsp oil
1 onion
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
3cm peeled and chopped fresh ginger
1 tbsp curry paste (I used a Tikka paste)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
450g cubed potatoes
400g can chopped tomatoes
300ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp tomato puree
200g button mushrooms
200g frozen peas
25g ground almond
2 tbsp chopped coriander
Sea salt and black pepper to taste

Heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic, ginger, curry paste and cinnamon for 5 mins.

Add the potatoes (cauliflower as well in my case), tomatoes, stock, tomato puree and season. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.

Add the remaining vegetables, almond and coriander. Cook for another 10 mins and serve with rice!



Comments

Popular Posts